Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Proud Owner of a NEW SEWING MACHINE!!

I am so excited to be getting one of my new year's resolutions completed. Which one?!? Being More Creative!! This year has been interesting because I keep telling Andrew that I have tons of creative juices running through me and no outlet!! So first I thought I would create these cute little bows for little girls and I made those and they are ready for Jess's baby girl, so hopefully she has hair.

But that didn't stop my creativity! So I have fallen across sewing blogs, bloggers who have started sewing, etc. Well I learned out to sew in a class in High School. Not so hard, so I HAD to have a sewing machine. Finally the other day Andrew gave in so it arrived yesterday. And I am already in LOVE!! I made a bobbin out of thread I just happen to have and then threaded the needle. Nothing too hard! It sits nicely on my huge desk with my computer!! I practiced on a piece of paper because well I don't have any fabric!

So what am I going to sew?! Andrew's number one question of course! haha! So I am not going to start out with this, but it is definitely a project that I will be working on in the near future because Jess has her baby!

I found this by going to Jessica Lowe's blog. She had a "Give-Uh-Way" on her blog by Lady Danburry! So I checked out her blog which had a link on her sister's blog Running With Scissors!! And it was there that I found this ADORABLE TUTORIAL!!

So there it is! That is one of my projects that I cannot wait to do for my sister! She will be living in Las Vegas after the baby is born so she will definitely need cute little summer outfits!

What do you think?!?!