Friday, February 26, 2010

CRAFT FOR THE WEEKEND!!

I am really excited about this weekends craft. It's mainly for sewers, but since I am a beginner, it would make for a great beginner's first project! I got this pattern from the book, Simple Sewing, and it is very simple! I am not sure if I would recommend the book to other people because Amazon's reviews were mixed and a lot of people had problems with it. And to be honest with you I sat for a good hour contemplating what the next move would be. That said, once I figured everything out, it was actually really easy and I am sooo proud of my tote bags. One is for me and one is for my sister Cara because well she called it. But she might actually want the next one I am making because that one will be fabulous!!

Anyway, so I am unsure of copyright laws and such so I am not sure if it is okay to post the patterns and stuff on the blog. So I am not going to, but if you really want it I might give it to you in an email!

So first I cut out the fabric and thanks to my mom who helped with that!!

Then I just pieced everything together the following day. The first one took a little bit longer then the second. I made a couple of mistakes and stuff, but it turned out great!

I got the fabrics from IKEA, which I love by the way and stopped by there yesterday to pick up some more for a different bag that I am going to change the dimensions! But anyway, here are the final tote bags!

Don't you love them! I just love the colors together!

If anyone has a really great sewing book that they love, then please let me know!

2 comments:

C said...

I can't wait to use the tote!! I think I'm going to make it my work bag or something. Super cute!

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOO CUTE! I love the fabrics you chose! And your stitching is so even, I'm getting a little jealous!

Great job!!